GE - UK Food Group World Food Day Debate - 14 Oct.
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: GE - UK Food Group World Food Day Debate - 14 Oct.
- From: genetics <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:04:36 +0100
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
- Resent-From: email@example.com
UK Food Group World Food Day Debate - Thursday 14 October 1999
"This house believes that globalisation of food markets creates hunger "
Hear some of the most influential thinkers on food and trade issues debate
whether free trade can feed the world.
Speakers for the motion:
Dr. Vandana Shiva, Director, Research Foundation on Science and Technology,
Professor Tim Lang , Centre for Food Policy, Thames Valley University.
Opposing the motion
Michael Conlon, Agricultural Attaché, US Embassy (invited)
Guy de Jonquieres, Financial Times (Invited)
Chair: Derek Osborn, Chairman, UN Environment and Development UK
Venue: The Royal Commonwealth Society, 18 Northumberland Avenue, WC2
Date: 14th October 1999
Time: 6.00pm - 9.00pm
Cost: £5 (including glass of wine)
Registration: Places are limited: Reserve your seat by sending the fee
(£5) to : Julie Fairirie, UK Food Group, PO Box 100, London SE1 7RT