GE - field trial being opposed strongly in Berwick-upon-Tweed
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: GE - field trial being opposed strongly in Berwick-upon-Tweed
- From: "Lindsay Keenan" <email@example.com> (by way of genetics <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 10:41:58 +0100
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"ERQSeC.A.NXE.daqC3"@bakunix.free.de>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
From:- Lindsay Keenan - Genetic Food Alert
Please distribute to any interested parties.
Local opposition is building to a field trial of oilseed rape in Berwick upon
Tweed in the Borders. The local media has already covered the issue and
opposition seems to be growing in the area. Local media are keen to hear of
Please help by writing to the local paper or other local media or by passing
this on to any local contacts.
Ross Boston owner of the Green Shop in Berwick upon Tweed (A GFA campaign
member), spotted the advert by AgrEvo. Site reference number is 98/R19/18.
Reference is NT 86 49
"The organisms concerned are seeds of a variety of Spring Oilseed Rape
to express tolerance to the herbicide glufosinate-ammonium together with male
sterility and restored fertility as part of a biotechnology technique to breed
hybrid oilseed rape varaitites.
The general purpose of the release is for research and development purposes
will take place at Grid Reference NT 86 49 near the village of Swinton in
Relevant contact details:
Campaign Co-ordinator - Genetic Food Alert
T: 0141 946 2275
The Green Shop, Berwich upon Tweed, Northumberland, TD15 1AQ
Tel: 01289 330897
90 Marygate, Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland, TD15 1BW
T: 01289 306 677 F: 01289 307 377