Re: Benedikt Haerlin on Golden Rice

Dear All:

I think that Herren is right that most of the problems that are to be
addressed via Golden Rice could be addressed within days if there was the
political will.  Unforturnately, it is an overwhelmingly big "if" in many
cases, as for Bt cotton, which is clearly aleady saving lives from reduced
insecticide exposure in cotton at least in China.

>From what I have read, even on this server, Potrykus has NOT agreed that
one would have to consume 9kg of rice per day to prevent at least some
symptoms of vitamin deficiency.

I still find it incredibility presumptious of Greenpeace to reject ALL
releases of GMs in face of overwhelming evidence that SOME GM crops in SOME
regions can improve human health.  Where is their moral authority to try to
stop the poor  from protecting themselves, when all that Greenpeace can do
is criticise others?

Rick