Re: RiF: ACTION REPORT NL, archive 2760

Hi Heine,
Imo, you are partly wrong. The points are that Zeneca and co-devils lobbied
their asses of to EP to get that liability amendment out of Dir. 90/220. They
refuse all responsability and they get it. They also do not need to take any
measure against contamination so they are free to do any propertydamage and will
not be sued or anything. Well, I assume I am freed of all liability for any
propertydamage also, though I think I may get criminally charged when I do what
I feel like doing. Odd?. Normal? Democracy? Capitalism? Fascism? What do you
think?
The point is that chips industries demand the use of certain varieties, many of
them very susceptible to disease and fungal attacks. Disease resistant varieties
are available and more can (and should) be developed. But that demands a change
in attitude in the whole potatochain, who likes to hide behind the argument "but
the consumers want these chips" which in reality  is a manipulation of a
manipulation of a manipulation etc.
The point is that phytophtora is being spread by the wind, but one the main
sources of contamination starts in the fact that some farmers do not properly
cover their compostpiles in winter.
wytze