Re: SE

The point about patenting is that the invention isn't really what's being
protected.
It's the time, money, effort etc that the inventor has put into the work.
There has to be a certain amount of difference, or the new product can be
classed as a copy of another product.
However, SE is less to do with this than with the end effect on the
organism.

David Wengraf
MA Biotechnological Law and Ethics
Sheffield University, UK.