UK: Any GE Tomato Imports From the U.S. ??
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ban-GEF@lists.greenbuilder.com,email@example.com
- Subject: UK: Any GE Tomato Imports From the U.S. ??
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter M. Ligotti)
- Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 07:59:36 -0700 (PDT)
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
- Resent-From: email@example.com
Yes, but does the UK import any GE tomatoes from the U.S.?
If they do, UK retailers and wholesalers
might be selling GE tomatoes.
OUR TOMATOES ARE GM-FREE, INSIST GROWERS
June 16, 1999
Eileen Murphy, Consumer Affairs Correspondent, PA News
Tomato growers were cited as demonstrating in London today in an attempt
to squash the myth that their crops are genetically modified (GM) after a
survey revealed one in three shoppers believed this was the case.
More than 30 growers from around Britain were accompanied by TV food
expert Loyd Grossman as they delivered a basket of freshly picked tomatoes
for the Prince of Wales, who has spoken out against GM foods, to his
London home at St James's Palace.