patents

On the archives of Gentech :

http://www.gene.ch:80/gentech/1998/May-Jul/msg00021.html

you will find explanations of the limits of the economic THEORY you speak of.

On the effects on *small* companies, OK there will be proses for them. But in a
deal where those small companies will earn 1$ (just a figure), the large ones
will earn 4 $.

So what will you tell me. Wel earning monety is not a shame. earning
more money than one's neighbour is not a shame neither. But if the ratio is
so large that some companies can think of controling the whole alimentary
chain, then I think there is something rotten in the kingdom of patentability ;)

And the worse is that even if everybody earned 4$ (even me !!!),
patenting life should even not be considered.

HLM