Re: petition

Herve.....

What do you mean by no patentability? No patentability of what
exactly?

Also I think that you go too far when you sy no genetic modification of
animals at all. To use an old saying, you are throwing the baby out
with the bathwater. The potential for good that can come from genetic
mod. of animals is enormous. To dismiss it outright is like saying
"penicillin was a bad discovery because bacteria can become resistant to
antibiotics"

> Date:          Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:37:19 +0200 (MET DST)
> From:          Herve LE MEUR <Herve.LEMEUR@math.u-psud.fr>
> Subject:       petition
> To:            J1mS1@aol.com, gentech@gen.free.de, thraffin@altern.org

> HI,
>
> Thanks of your answer for a petition against GMOs.
> But I am not a citizen of USA and your petition is devoted to those from U$A.
>
> Please, remember that there are not only consumers of the USA,
> but also citizens of other countries (notice the difference citizen/consumer).
>
> Why wouldn't we make a world-wide petition on :
> -No patentability
> -No GMO in agriculture and alimentation
> -No Genetical Modification of any animal
>
> I think this could be a basic plateform on which a large amount of persons
> could agree. Thierry Raffin or me could provide the web site for
> such a petition from opponents to GMOs neutral from the political point of view.
>
> do you have any opinion ?
>
> HLM
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> The address for any administrative command like unsubscribe,
> subscribe or help is:
>
>               GENTECH-REQUEST@gen.free.de
>
> The searchable WWW list archive is available at
>
>               http://www.gene.ch/archives.html

Austin Tanney
School of Applied Biological
and Chemical Sciences