Re: natural protections + misleading

Dear Herve:

I see now that I misuderstood your previous message.  I now
understand that you are under the impression that the coding sequence
(that is, the DNA), is the critical issue for  allergenicity of food.

 That's mistaken.  Allergies occur to the protein produced, not DNA.
 In this regard, other than that Novartis' corn  uses a shortened
version of the Bt gene (and protein), which leaves fewer sites on the
protein to elicit allergies. The amino acid sequence, that is the
protein, is the same as produced by the bacteria.

Rick