 To:            Herve.LEMEUR@math.u-psud.fr
Subject:       Recalling GMOs, Labelling and safety, from 25 May
Date:          Wed, 9 Jun 1999 10:09:30 SAST-2

Dear Herve:

I have been away from my email for some weeks now looking for
natural enemies of some key Australian mite and weed pests of
South African origin. Your message was forwarded on to me.  I see
that you concluded that I have misled people.

I believe that the context of my original email was about
cotton, as shown below, not corn. It is true that the Norvartis based
corn Bt gene is truncated, but I wasn't referring to that.  However,
it is my understanding that the only Bt cotton currently deployed,
and Monsanto's Bt corn, are both based on full length constructs.
The cotton cry1A(c) construct is described in T. Metz, R. Roush et
al. 1995, Molecular Breeding 1:309-317.

Heine J. Deelstra wrote something else about this but also stated:
 "I  want to add that the data I have is not the most recent."   I
believe that Deelstra's information about Bt cotton is not up to
date.

I don't believe that I have misled anyone, and certainly not
intentionally.

Rick Roush

<Herve.LEMEUR@math.u-psud.fr>