Re: GE domestic plantsa nyone/

Justin,
I know the Dutch name of the flower that has been engineered to make it
stay fresh longer. It is : Anjer. Unfortunately I do not know the english
name, I believe it is something like Carnation or something like that. It
is actually one of the GE products allowed by the European Commission.
More engineering of the same flower is taking place. Unfortunately some
companies in my own country are very active in this field. One company
called Florigene is the one that put the GE flower on the market.
Your friend can contact me for more details. be also advised that at least
here in the Netherlands, more and more houseplants are developed by
tissueculture and other artificial techniques. The plants indeed also look
artificial. This particularly struck me when I was in Ireland last year
and visited a Nursery Centre, where all plants were still developed the
real way, from seeds. It is quite a difference. All these artificial
techniques make plants much more vulnerable and weaker in my opinion.
regards
wytze