Re: Recalling GMOs, Labelling and safety

A small comment concerning the presence of DNA and/or protein in the oil. As far as
maize is concerned this depends very much on the refinementprocedure. In
cold-pressed oil, which is the oil that's good for health, definitely DNA and
protein or proteinfragments will be present. Only in very strongly refined oil
(heated) these traces will be gone but the oil will completely have lost its
nutritional value at that point. I do not know too much about the use of cotton oil
as food or feed. I understand it is somehow used. I wonder which parts of the
cottonplant are used for animalfeed.
wytze