Re: Recalling GMOs, Labelling and safety

 >The gene expressed in corn is a truncated* version of the Bacillus
 >thuringiensis toxin and the smallest fragment that still possesses
 >toxicity to insects. (Reference: M. Vaeck et al. Nature 328, 33-37,
 >1987(!)).
 >
 >Heine Deelstra
 >
 >* Truncated at both (5'&3') ends.

Heine,

I just want to make sure I understood you correctly: so the natural Bt
toxin is *not* identical with the toxin produced by Bt corn, is this
correct?

What about the Bt toxin produced by GE e.coli (which seems to be the
basis for rat studies), any difference between this and the natural as
well as the Bt corn toxin?

Roberto Verzola