Re: 'miserably inadequate' moves to boost public confidence (in UK)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: 'miserably inadequate' moves to boost public confidence (in UK)
- From: email@example.com (Christoph Reuss)
- Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 20:47:54 +0200
- Cc: MichaelP <papadop@PEAK.ORG>
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> 'The development of robust population health surveillance in relation to
> consumption of GM foods is essential to ensure that government is able to
> respond rapidly should any unexpected effects occur.'
At least they bluntly admit that consumers are turned into guinea pigs.
I wonder how this "rapid response" will look like, in case "any unexpected
effects should occur" -- will it be like with BSE (i.e. burning thousands of
affected "animals" to avoid further spread) ???