Re: Bt corn

I do not know if human trials should be really considered, because of the
practical difficulties. I mean, you can not expose humans to a product for
a certain amount of time (and how long should that be?) and than kill them
to see what changes have occured vis-a vis the control group, which also
would have to be killed. To me, studies in the way performed by Dr.
Pusztai (no matter what the Royal Academy of Science is saying) should be
performed, BUT here is where the insanity of the whole story becomes
clear: the pure fact that we need to go through extensive safety trials,
including animal feeding trials, shows how absurd the whole development
is. We have accepted standards of safety where normal (non-GE) crops are
involved. If we now for our food need to go through the kind of testing
mentioned (animals) in a very costly way, what is the sense at all?
Especially in the light of the availability of other techniques in
agriculture which could give the same results as being sought after by
transgenics, but without all the risks and insecurities that GE brings
along?
sincerely,
Wytze de Lange