Re: corporate shills

>I used Roush as an example to make a point.  I was serious that it seems
>Roushes happen on every list and, for some unexplainable reason, they seem
>to come in complementary pairs.  It is not that I have nothing to learn
>from them, it is that once we have learn one item we don't need to be
>exposed to it over and over and over, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.  These
>people are stopping us in our tracks, spending our time responding to their
>repeated comments.  When they have beat one position to death, they retreat
>a half step or advance a half step and start the process all over again.
>This is not learning, this is not being open minded and looking at all
>possible angles, this is being stuck on dead centre.  I want to move on and
>let the Roushes talking to themselves. I don't know what their mission or
>their agenda is and I don't really care.
>
>Thanks for listening and I hope what I've said is understandable

Perfectly understandable, and true, to an extent, but it seems to me (and
not wishing to be rude to anyone on this list), that seems to be a problem
that a lot of the anti-biotech lobby has. The pro-biotech people aren't the
only culprits, not just from this list, but many other areas.
Also, if Rick Roush is one of a complementary pair, who's the other person?
Me?

David Wengraf
MA Biotechnological Law and Ethics
Sheffield University, UK.