(no subject)

I just thought this might be interesting to this list since many of the
GMO issues revolve around topics such as fairness, distribution, and
equity. I can't comment on its accuracy at all, but it does present an
interesting view of our world.

This is not original with me.  A friend of mine in Nebraska sent it to
me.  I'm not sure of the source but it is a great perspective.

IF THERE WERE ONLY 100 OF US

If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely 100
people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it
would look like something like the following. There would be:

57 Asians
21 Europeans
14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south
8 Africans

52 would be female
48 would be male

70 would be non-white
30 would be white

70 would be non-Christian
30 would be Christian

89 would be heterosexual
11 would be homosexual

6 people would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth and all
6 would be from the United States

80 would live in substandard housing

70 would be unable to read

50 would suffer from malnutrition

1 would be near death; 1 would be near birth

1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education

1 would own a computer

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the
need for both acceptance, understanding and education becomes
glaringly apparent.