Re: reply to archive 1165

Nina,
    You are obviously never going to be satisfied by anyone's research unless it
proves something that you want to see. If you're really this worried about this
issue, then why don't you go get a Ph.D. in biotechnology (or biochemistry, or
plant genetics, or microbiology, etc), never to actually use it to create GMOs,
but simply to go do risk assessment of these products. It is easy to criticize
other people, but much harder to do their work. While the "revolving door" you
speak of does exist between industry and the government, it exists, because these
agencies must recruit people who are trained in whatever the focus subject is.
There will always be those people who use their positions abusively by backing
products that shouldn't be backed, but for every one of those, there are just as
many people who try to do objective testing of products. Please, try to work past
your paranoia. It does not serve you or anyone else well.