Children, risk and personal choice

The point I make,
is that if we fly in a plane, we are choosing
to take the risk of a crash or near crash.
Flying, driving, or riding in a car (or choosing not to)
is a personal choice.

In the same way, people
have the right to be fully informed about GE food, and to decide
whether they think the potential benefits outweigh the risks
for them personally. They have the right to have peer-reviewed
long-term studies on health and the environment and then
they have the right to make an informed decision regarding
their personal choice to have their children eat, not eat,
or to work hard to insure a 100% total ban of GE food.

It's certainly not ethical to force GE food down the throats of
people who don't want it and/or down the throats of those
who wouldn't want it IF THEY KNEW ABOUT IT.

The fact is that for many, there are legitimate and
SERIOUS DOUBTS REGARDING ITS SHORT AND LONG-TERM SAFETY.

Since I am myself personally convinced catastrophe is inevitable,
I support a total ban, especially on the stealth
marketing of unlabelled GE food.

Supporting a total ban is my personal choice.

If the airline industry forced people to take risky flights
in dangerous high winds and electrical storms,
without their knowledge or consent,
I would support a 100% total ban on those flights also.

But we've been through this way too many times.
Almost any child can understand these points.
Therefore, I choose to no longer debate these things,
which to my mind, are fairly elementary and self-evident.

Peter

And about risks we choose:

Ligotti, Maurizio's example was perhaps not the best.  How about airplanes?
Airplanes fall down, sometimes killing people on the ground, and you have
little choice in when or where they fly.  Never mind the noise! Airplanes
are also increasing in numbers. Will you also seek to ban airplanes?

The remark about strapping someone on the front of the car is either an
illegal threat or just plain childish, especially the part about getting
someone else to do it.