Labelling

Based on our privaet posts, Nina asked that I publicise my comments on
labelling.  I offer the following:

I haven't argued against labelling, it's fine with me.  Again, the one
exception I would make is for Bt cotton. Cotton seed oil has no DNA or
protein (something I have said here several times without challenge),
whatever the source, GE or not GE (so there is no legitimate human health
risk), and labelling (and the segregation that would be required) might be
a disincentive for people to use it.  I cannot in good conscience support
labelling of cotton seed oil if an outcome is increased risks to farm
workers and their families.