Conflict of interest, archive 1209

Nina:

This may come as a surprise to you, but many of us who support some aspects
of genetic engineering make NO money from it. We also came to our views
because of our belief systems, mine strongly influenced by Rachel Carson's
Silent Spring rather than, say, the Maharishi Yoga as may have influenced
Fagan. As an undergraduate, I decided on a career in biological control,
and specifically opted in favor of population genetics and ecology instead
of molecular genetics.  Since I have earned $0 in personal funds, research
funds, or equity from any biotech company, I have made less than Fagan.
Does this make me more "pure"?