Re: reply to Nina about conflict of interest

Dr. Fagan refused a very large grant because of its support of genetic
engineering. He subsequently founded Genetic ID because of his belief systems
and his commitment to challenging the genetic engineering of food. To me,
this is quite the opposite of starting with a career interest and weaving
propaganda about "substantial equivalence", "higher yields" and other
unsubstantiated claims, in order to support a career decided upon in
undergraduate school.

Most of the people I know who are activists against genetic engineering make
little or no money from what they are doing.

- Nina