reply to Nina about conflict of interest

Nina:

I am sorry that you have such a twisted view of how scientists really work and think. I guess I should come to expect it, but I am still amazed that when people don't like an answer, they accuse the people giving it of being dishonest. You wrote:

>FDA regulators of transgenic products are generally recruited directly from
>the biotechnology industry and then return to it when their stint in
>government is done.

Give me some numbers, and I mean numbers, not just a few anecdotal examples. I know several government regulators in the US and Australia, and NOT ONE has ever worked for any company with interests related to their regulatory responsibilities.

You continued:

> (by all means,
>include their stock options and other perks!)

Well now that you mentioned it, how about OUTSIDE of Greenpeace but relied upon by them? That darling of the anti-GE food crowd and the Natural Law Party, Dr John Fagan, apparently has a significant financial interest in a company that markets PCR tests for the presence of GE ingredients in food.

See below. How many more examples are there?

Rick