Re: Christian Aid, archive 1136

Nina:

My message was an effort to find some common ground.  I am sorry that you
saw it only as a chance to try to score points.

Since I have just said that I support efforts to develop alternatives,
clearly not all persons like myself are opposed.  I am opposed to
organisations like Greenpeace using misleading information to win public
opinion (and dare I say it, but I find Greenpeace to be more often
misleading than Monsanto!).  To do so only hinders the public from making
an informed choice.

Rick

>In a message dated 5/11/1999 12:14:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>Organizations such as Greenpeace International and many other environmental
>organizations are trying, and they keep meeting up with opposition from
>people such as yourself. The biotechnology industry has threatened a number
>of lawsuits against people who have tried to publish information creating
>support for this position, because they are simultaneously critical of the
>biotechnology alternative.
>
>- Nina
>
>rroush@waite.adelaide.edu.au writes:
><< Christian Aid called for new resources to be put into sustainable and
> organic farming.
>
> I suspect that this something on which we can all agree. Of course, it will
> probably have to be taxpayer's money.  Who will lead the campaign to
> persuade governments to do this?
>
> Rick >>

                        *PLEASE NOTE THE ADDITION OF AN "8" TO OUR NUMBERS*
Richard T. Roush
Associate Professor and Director          Phone +61 8 8303-6590
Centre for Weed Management Systems        FAX   +61 8 8303-7125
Waite Institute                                                  ;-_|\
University of Adelaide                                          /     \
Glen Osmond 5064                                               (       )
South Australia                                                 \_;-*_/
AUSTRALIA                                                           | v

                                                                Adelaide,
                                                             South Australia

Cooperative Research Centre for Weed Management Systems:
http://www.waite.adelaide.edu.au/CRCWMS/

"Weeds - Australia's most underestimated environmental threat"