Re: Cars and GMOs: Good Analogy ??

>We call something a technology because a modern technique
>is used to create it.
>The only similarity between cars and GMOs
>is that cars and GE food are creations
>of modern man. A car is for transportation.
>People eat food. We don't eat cars, and cars
>don't reproduce. Cars don't create themselves
>through their DNA like GMO or NATURAL food.

Obviously, you are right.

>People who were opposed to cars were right, because
>cars cause hundreds of thousands of deaths each year.
>So according to your own analogy we should listen
>very carefully to those who are very concerned about GMOs.

Obviously, you are right.

>Those who are against GMO's predict new epidemics and
>environmental disaster. But you think this risk is ok, right?

No, I think the risk is minimum, not ok. I think the risk is far less than
that with cars.

>Driving or being in a car on a highway
>is a risk that a person KNOWINGLY
>chooses to take. GMO food is being pushed on
>the human race stealthfully, without their choice
>or knowledge.

This is just a matter of labelling. Then you can say to knowingly choose to
take the risk of GMO. As smoking...

>How would you like my uncle Lenny and Little Petie
>(both are over 6 feet tall and over 250 lbs.)
>to strap you to the front of my car and then we will
>race through the freeways of L.A. with you strapped onto the hood.
>
>WE have decided that
>that will be a good experience for you
>to have, and WE think that will be an alright risk for you to
>experience.

I'll avoid L.A. freeways for the rest of my life. Just in case...

Maurizio

The joke in Italian erroneously left at the end of my first messagge is:
"the water's raising" "SELL IT, SELL IT"