Re: [Fwd: BT effects on soil microorganisms]]

Rick,
I will send the original message again. To respond to your answer below:
The only people that I know at the entomologist meeting are from the Swiss
Inst. that punblished the effect of Bt on predators of the target organism, Dr.
Hilbeack.
I cannot judge who spent how much time and money on what. Apparently you did a
lot, which I respect. I was wondering on the points you made about producing
cotton in the right place. If it is really true that in that way it would be
impossible to produce enough cotton, the solution may be found somewhere else,
outside the agricultural production and inside the garment production. It is
absolute possible to produce garments that would last much, much longer than
their present life time  There probably are more options.
I am not necessarily scrutinizing Bt use in cotton, we are scrutinizing genetic
engineering and especially transgenics. Foodsafety for humans is one thing but
to my knowledge most of the cottonproducts are used for animalfeed. And I do
not think that these animals are not getting the highly refined oils.