reply to archive 1112

Wytze:

I found this message of 3 May while looking back for one of your other
messages. EVERYONE trusted Pusztai until he made a large mistake, not just
in coming up with results that someone didn't like, but because he
misrepresented them.  I also trust people until they prove themselves
unworthy.  Even the rest of his team has disavowed him.  So far as I am
aware, NO ONE in industry wants to release plants with lectins.  I
understood that this was a project under study by UK government scientists.

Arguing that no amount of tests can ever provide enough answers allows no
compromises and will clearly satisfy only the opponents of transgenic
crops.

Rick