"food security"

Devinder,

I agree that poverty in some countries  is a problem of infrastructure.

Please explain the statement :  "And that is why the United States had
insisted during the first World Food Summit at Rome not to treat food
security as a global prerogative."    I do not understand "food security".
Please explain.

Sincerely,
Bill Brooks