re: moratorium in UK

I would have said http://www.telegraph.co.uk where it was on the front
page for 18/2/99 - photo and article. but the Daily Telegraph seems to
have pulled it from its archives. I wonder why?

Attached is a copy of my letter that I sent to the Telegraph, they
haven't published it or replied.

Re: We have had GM tomatoes for years 18/2/99 front page

Dear Sir

Roger Highfield's front page article today raises some questions:

1) was the testing of safety of these GM tomatoes run as a formal
double blind trial? if not, why not?
2) did the human "guinea pigs" give informed consent? was the trial
registered with the appropriate authorities and approved by any ethics
committees? and what information did the subjects receive about the
nature of the product they were going to be eating?
3) did the scope of the human testing cover the very important areas of
pregnant mothers?
4) have the results of this "trial" been published in a peer reviewed
journal?
5) is the term "they all look quite normal" a scientific validation of
the hypothesis being proposed by Dr Poole? or is there something more
substantial to help us determine the safety of these tomatoes?

The fact that these points are not mentioned makes me doubt that you
are applying the same standards of scientific objectivity to the two
sides of this very important argument.

Yours faithfully
etc
William Hite, WRC Solutions - Call Centre Projects, VB, Access, Oracle
tel +44 1695 556702, mobile +44 7970 297202, fax +44 1695 556703