Re: Alar

Michael:

My response is and was neutral as to whether there was a real problem (I
have not investigated this personally, and hardly think that we can rely on
Rachel to have provided "the truth" in view of recent postings from the
same source), but at least we  both agree that there have been food scares
in the US.  My main point was the American view, which I continue to see as
enlightened, cannot be attributed to a lack of food scares.

Rick

>Just in case this comment is an attempt to say that Alar was banned just
>because of a scare, as contrasted to being banned because as being unfit
>for use on foods because of its effect on consumers, let's just cite
>Rachel   #535 (02/27/97): The Alar Rebellion of 1989  for a annoted
>version of the truth.

Follow-Ups: References: