Re: Monsanto, archive 751
- To: <email@example.com>, "Rick Roush" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Monsanto, archive 751
- From: "Clive Elwell" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:44:46 +1300
- Content-Type: multipart/alternative;boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0573_01BE5B1A.F012E500"
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"ArCNyB.A.tcF.WA0y2"@bakunix.free.de>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
You seem to be stumbling over your own feet in
your haste to defend GE technology and its proponents. Very well, I will take
the time to answer your question.
Someone sent me an article they had written on
Monsanto's history, and asked me to verify their facts.
In that article they associated the company with
the three chemicals that were listed in my e-mail - Saccharin, DDT, and
halidomide. I was pretty sure that Monsanto had
never had anything to do with the two last, and I was uncertain about the first.
To check the facts I put my question on the Gentech list. I received a reply,
with references, and i was then able to pass on the information to the original
enquirer. He no doubt corrected his article accordingly.
Clive: Oh, perhaps you were just asking for a casual study of history.
What is your purpose? And can you answer my question ? Do you believe in
persecuting sons and daughters for the errors of their fathers, successors for
the errors of their long retired predecessors?
You seem to be reading a lot into my factual
Do you always
persecute sons and daughters for the errors of their fathers?
one don't care about what your relatives or friends have done. And I don't
care about Monsanto's distant past.
NOTE THE ADDITION OF AN "8" TO OUR NUMBERS*
Associate Professor and Director Phone +61 8 8303-6591
Weed Management Systems FAX +61 8 8303-7125
University of Adelaide / \
Glen Osmond 5064 ( )
AUSTRALIA | v
Research Centre for Weed Management Systems:
- Australia's most underestimated environmental threat"