Bt as a lectin
- To: "gentech" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Bt as a lectin
- From: "Clive Elwell" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:12:08 +1300
- Content-Type: multipart/alternative;boundary="----=_NextPart_000_03D4_01BE5A90.44BA40C0"
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"mF1eyC.A.WrB.7Xjy2"@bakunix.free.de>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
Luke Anderson (I think) wrote:
".......engineered with Bt toxin, now
understood to be a form of lectin"
Can anyone confirm or deny this statement,
explain what it means, and give some reference?
If true, it seems to have some significance,
linking Dr Pusztai's research on GE potatoes with all the crops engineered with
the Bt toxin.