Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:10:47 -0500
From: Gerald Fowler <intnl@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Non GMO foods

I have been reading, with much interest, your MANY articles concerning GMO
foods.  Your last comment dated 15th Feb 1999, "Does anyone have something
positive to say? I don't think many of us are able to avoid all contact with
Frankenstein foods",  prompted me to reply with some good news, I think.

We have been exporting fully traceable, bulk non GMO soybeans from Canada
for over 3 years.  I have spoken on segregation at a couple of agricultural
biotechnology conferences on the topic "Segregation, Past, Present and
Future".

Anyway I do think segregation can work, it is working for us and our
customers in Europe.  At present our customers are in the soyfood
marketplace not the crushing business.  The volumes are more relevant and
the benefits more tangible and definable in these markets it seems.

Anyway, hopefully a small glimmer of hope.  Keep up the good work.

Best regards

Gerry Fowler
Manna International Inc.