Monsanto

>Can anyone tell me if Monsanto were ever involved in any of the following products:
>saccharin
>DDT
>Thalidomide

>Clive Elwell

Monsanto was founded in 1901 by John Francis Queeney, a self-educated
chemist, in order to manufacture saccharin, a German invention. In the
thirties they became involved with PCBs, then dioxin (herbicide 2,4,5-T)
from the late 40s, Agent Orange in the 60s. I don't know about DDT
or thalidomide. See The Ecologist, vol 28 no. 5, Sept/Oct 1998--the
Monsanto issue their printer trashed without warning, forcing them to go
abroad.

John Whiting
Diatribal Press
London