Dr. Arpad Pusztai
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Dr. Arpad Pusztai
- From: Rick Roush <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 12:40:01 +0930
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"X37W6D.A.n-B.-F4x2"@bakunix.free.de>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
I am personally happy to see Puuztai's honour restored. However, let's
remember, as most of the reports have noted, that these were potatoes
modified with snowpea lectin gene, which is not in any GE crops now.
Further, precisely because research on health effects was undertaken,
snowpea lectins (and perhaps all lectins) are now extremely unlikely to be
even proposed for a food crop.