BSWG and COP meeting in Cartagena (Colombia)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: BSWG and COP meeting in Cartagena (Colombia)
- From: Giovanni Ferraiolo ICGEB BIOSAFETY <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:28:19 +0100
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"_NLfzB.A.lKH.LhEx2"@bakunix.free.de>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the address http://www.biodiv.org/biosafe/bswg6/bswg6.html
you can find all the documents on the Sixth
Meeting of the Open-ended Ad Hoc Working Group on
Biosafety and on the Extraordinary Meeting of the
Conference of the Parties to the Convention on
Biological diversity that will be held
respectively from 14-19 and 22-23 February 1999 in
Cartagena de Indias, Colombia.
Starting February 15, the ENB will provide
complete coverage of the meeting at the address
including daily summaries, photos and RealAudio.
For a complete background on the BSWG, on the
previuos COP and all the official documentation on
biosafety at international level give a look to
the ICGEB Biosafety WebPages at
> From: MichaelP <papadop@PEAK.ORG>
> To: "unlikely.suspects":;
> There have been reports about the upcoming conference(s) to be held in
> Colombia this month. Reports suggest that this is the place/time where
> the "biosafety"of genetically-manipulated plants will be declared/agreed-to
> as a matter of international law. This, of course needs watching and
> reporting, so there's a need for lots of observation and assistance.
> The > basic web page is at http://www.biodiv.
> There you'll find the below info and an alphabetic list of reports (on
> biosafety) coming from individual nations.
ICGEB Biosafety http://www.icgeb.trieste.it/biosafety/
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Area Science Park, Padriciano 99 Tel: +39
I-34012 Trieste (Italy)
Fax: +39 040 226555