corn borers, archive 667

I'd be interested in your source of information.  To the contrary of what
you have written, there is some historical evidence that corn borers
(pyralid moths) were a worse problem across the US in the early half of the
20th century than now, perhaps due to the intentional introduction of some
parasitic insects and diseases in the 1940's.

Rick