Re: query

On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 11:23:25AM +0100, rverzola@phil.gn.apc.org wrote:
> An applicant for Bt corn field-testing here in the Philippines claims
> that "WHO and FAO have declared Insect-Protected Corn is as safe for
> food and feed as any conventionally derived corn varieties."
>
> I would like to ask help in confirming whether the World Health Org.
> and the Food and Agric. Org. really declared such a thing. In fact, I
> would appreciate getting the actual text of the latest WHO or FAO
> statement on this issue.

I wouldn't value such statements if there isn't any source mentioned.
The applicant has to give proof of his claims.

Generally it's a rather complicated process before International
Organisations issue a common opinion about such a controversial
matter. In most cases such statements are well covered by the press.

Werner