Food Bacteria/Virus Warning and Action: Section 3 of 3

Genetically Engineered Food--Bacteria/Virus Warning
Global Action Plan: Section 3 of 3
AVOIDING DANGEROUS FOODS

ELIMINATING FRANKENFOODS: JOIN THE FOOD FIGHT !
ELIMINATE GE FOOD !
JUST FIND THREE LEADERS AND TEACH OTHERS TO DO THE SAME !!

You can help your loved ones, family, friends, and associates by
forwarding them this three-part communication. The next step will be
to send parts one and two to consumer groups, writers, editors, media
people, journalists, teachers, food producers, organic food producers,
food retailers, network marketers, restauranteurs, small companies,
and large companies. Send this communication to anyone that eats food.
Especially be sure to forward parts one and two to the best, brightest,
most creative, most successful, and most well-educated people that you
know. Forward this information to people that you respect, to people
who are knowledgeable and well-connected. Interested and motivated
consumers will request that you send any missing section(s). By not
sending everything at first, you qualify them and learn about their
level of interest. We need to systematically, step-by-step get this
three-part communication to the top people in society. They can easily
spread this information far and wide through their network of
associates and contacts.

If you have cut, copy, and paste ability with your e-mail program,
you can create clean copies of this three-part communication. If you
are new to e-mail and the Internet, get help from a personal
friend or computer whiz who knows about such things. If you need a new
clean copy of this three-part communication, you can order one from your
Leader, a person taking a consumer leadership role. Your Leader's e-mail
address should be at the bottom of each section of this three-part series.

If you, like many other consumers, feel that this situation regarding
the food supply deserves immediate attention and immediate action, then
take the first step. Proceed to make a list of everyone that you know.
First list loved ones, relatives, family, and friends. Then list
associates, everyone else that you know on a first name or on a more
formal basis. Pull out your personal phone directory, and your Christmas
card list and/or other social register. Then use paper and pen and the
phone book to jog your memory about people that you know that you may have
temporarily forgotten. Be systematic. Examples: Use the white pages. Ask
yourself: Who do I know with the last name Adam; Anderson; Atkinson; etc...
Also use the yellow pages. Ask yourself: Do I know any accountants?
bankers? commodity brokers? etc...Psychologists have discovered that
virtually everyone knows at least 1000 people on a first-name basis.
You do too! Bring these people to mind. Make a list of everyone that
you know, and send as many of them as possible this three-part series
by e-mail.

If you live in a small town, or if most people that you know live nearby,
you can simply print this three-part series and hand it out. Teach people
to teach others to make copies and give them out to all of their loved ones,
relatives, and connections. If you want to send someone this three-part
series, but you don't have their e-mail address, try calling them briefly
and asking them for their e-mail address. If they don't have
e-mail, you can arrange to send this information to one of their nearby
friends or relatives who may have an e-mail address. You can also print
this three-part communication and mail the printed copies. After giving or
sending this communication, follow up with a note or phone call. Use the
power of your personal influence. Personally encourage all of your loved
ones to avoid genetically engineered foods. By following these suggestions,
you will easily find your three Leaders and you will build your own
consumer action group. (See "Defeating Dr. Frankenfood" below) In any case,
try to get this three-part communication out to at least 50 people that you
know personally, and into the hands of as many other consumers as possible.

If you have experience with e-mail and the Internet, then you
know that a "flame" is an angry e-mail, and "spam" is generally
defined as any unwanted commercial e-mail. You can send part one and
part two of this three-part series to on-line mailing lists and to
other people that you do not know personally, but this takes more care
and more attention. For example, if you send the first section or two to
people that you do not know, you may occasionally get "flamed" by people
who do not appreciate the message. They may feel that you have
"spammed" them.

For every person that flames you, there will be two or twenty who will
appreciate this information. As more and more people receive this
communication, some may complain that they have already seen it. You may
consider e-mailing flamers with a polite note explaining that reading the
three-part communication is not enough. People need to change their eating
habits and to inform their loved ones. You can prevent flames by first
sending short and sweet e-mail notes telling consumers that you will be
sending some important information about the food supply. Don't wait for
a response, simply go ahead and send the first section or two of this
communication.

Leaders, people taking a leadership role, will network together and keep
each other informed about events as they happen. They will also
have supporting documentation and other information that they can
hand out or forward to each other. Leaders will always have the best and
most current information. They can work either on-line or off-line or both.
Many Leaders will be fundamental to our success in stopping Dr.
Frankenfood.

TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER
If you feel inspired to become an on-line Leader, record your own
Leader's e-mail address. E-mail to your Leader, and tell
him or her of your intention to take a leadership role.
Ask for his or her list of ancestral Leaders and their e-mail
addresses. Leaders can also get information from the mailing lists,
websites, and information sources at the end of this third section.

New Leaders should use cut-and-paste, creating a new fresh version of the
three-part series and then delete or cut their own Leader's e-mail address
at the very bottom of all three sections and carefully write or paste
in their own e-mail address. They should also proceed to make their
own personal list and then continue with the plan as previously outlined.
As a Leader, you will receive periodic requests to forward fresh copies
of this three-part communication. You can expect to receive, on average,
one or two requests to forward every day.

If your Leader has changed his or her e-mail address, and if you therefore
cannot find your Leader or your ancestral Leaders, you can still make
good of the situation. You can build and create your own group. You can use
the information in this three-part communication and those resources and
websites listed at the end of this third section. You can find other Leaders
who will be happy to work with you. They will probably be subscribed to the
mailing lists listed at the end of this third section.

FEEL FREE TO PRINT ANY INFORMATION
You can print this entire three-part communication and give it out to
consumers off-line. They can go to their computer, if they have one, and
they can contact their Leader. You also may wish to print the first two
sections and hand them out to people in health food stores, supermarkets,
or anywhere. If consumers make request, give them a copy of this third
section. Be sure to teach everyone working off-line to make their own
list of contacts, to make copies of this three-part communication,
and to give copies out to all their friends, relatives, associates, and
connections. A more detailed consumer action plan for working off-line
will be available. Check with your Leader to see if he or she has it or
can get it for you. People can use their local copy machine and should
teach others to use their local copy machine, etc, etc....If many
people tell many consumers about this situation, soon we will have
many Leaders and soon consumers everywhere will know about this situation,
therefore we will all be able to protect ourselves. Everyone has
permission to use this three-part series to write press releases,
magazine articles, booklets or books. Request help from your Leaders
and your Leader's Leaders. Creative people will be able to build huge
consumer information networks on or off-line using this information
by utilizing the general duplication strategy, and by utilizing the
contacts and information sources at the end of this section three.

DEFEATING DR. FRANKENFOOD USING THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY
Imagine if an evil Dr. Frankenfood had an evil plan to secretly rage
biological warfare against the world population. It's really happening!
Well, they are not really so evil intentioned, but Monsanto, DuPont,
Calgene, Ciba-Geigy, the rest of the bio-tech industry, the USDA, and
the FDA are doing exactly what an evil-intentioned genius would do.
They are almost worse, because they do not even know that they are
doing something wrong. They have narrow, limited, short-range vision
of what they are doing. We have to react to what they are really doing,
not to their stated good intentions. Along these lines, it may be
interesting to note that the Internet was originally started as an
experiment by the U.S. military. The original purpose of the Internet
was to create a non-centralized network, an evenly spread-out
communications network for military use. A non-centralized network
would be impossible to stop, because an enemy could never locate and
knock out its central operating intelligence. If some part of it
was stopped, the rest would just keep going and going....

This consumer action plan, designed to take advantage of this natural
strength of the Internet, has no center that could be knocked out.
Therefore, it cannot be stopped. This plan is to systematically create
hundreds of thousands of consumer Leaders worldwide. The plan also uses
the principle of exponential growth. For example, if three Leaders get
three Leaders, who in turn get three Leaders, etc.....3 x 3 x 3 x 3...
through 15 levels, equals hundreds of thousands of Leaders who in turn
will inform millions of consumers. Since this information will be going
out over a period of many months all throughout 1997 and 1998, this would
not be any kind of burden on Internet bandwidth -- on communications
traffic flow. It will come out at peak to be quite manageable, with
many hundreds of e-mails per hour worldwide. Exponential mass marketing
in this case becomes highly ethical and necessary. Sometime in 1997 or
1998 this issue of genetically engineered food will become a big story on
television as well as in magazines and newspapers in the United States
and every part of the world. That will be the sign that we will be on the
verge of succeeding in our mission to first label and then ban genetically
engineered foods. But we have to continue until we have total disclosure
and total labeling of all genetically engineered food products, including
complete information about all additives and production agents. Then we
must continue towards a worldwide ban and moratorium for 50 years.

To be most effective, this consumer action plan needs speed. Your loved
ones, your friends, your family, your relatives may be eating
genetically engineered Frankenfoods right now. Do not procrastinate.
Once begun, this global consumer movement cannot be stopped. New
Leaders will be constantly created. The bio-tech industry, made up of
multi-billion dollar companies, will try to save their Frankenfood
project. They will lobby the government and create new laws. They will
work with the USDA and do multi-million dollar pro-genetic engineering
campaigns. They will do everything and anything possible to stay in
business, to try to stop us from informing our loved ones and fellow
consumers about what they are doing. But rest assured: they are doomed.
We will not fail. By joining in, by taking action, by making your personal
list, by becoming a Leader, and by forwarding, printing, and handing out
this three-part communication, you will be completely in harmony with the
original purpose of the Internet. We will quickly create an invincible,
unstoppable, global communications network. Together, we will use the
Internet to stop Dr. Frankenfood from destroying our health, our families,
and our planet.

SHORT VERSION, ELIMINATING FRANKENFOODS: WHAT CAN I DO?
1. Learn all you can about the dangers of genetically engineered foods.
2. Learn how to shop to avoid these foods. Boycott companies using
   these foods.
3. Tell all your friends family and loved ones about this problem,
   both on-line and off-line.  Your job is not done until they change their
   eating habits and they teach their loved one's to do the same.
4. Start or join consumer groups to label and ban genetically
   engineered food.
5. Send letters to your political leaders and representatives.
6. Write and send letters to the organic food industry, media,
   writers, editors, networkers.
7. Join the food fight to eliminate Frankenfoods. Systematically forward
   this three-part communication to your personal contacts and influential
   people all over the world.
8. Take a leadership role. Create at least three new committed Leaders.
   Contact the sources at the end of this communication.
9. Request parts one and two of this three-part communication from your
   Leader, who should be listed at the end of this communication.

(NOTE: everyone who eats food needs to know about this!!)

I have some critically important information about the food supply
that all consumers need to know about.

(Exactly what you say depends on your relationship to the
receiver--use your own words and if
possible make it personal)

Your name and
Your e-mail address

THIS TYPE OF SIMPLE NOTE WILL HELP TO "BREAK THE ICE" AND
HELP MAKE THE "3 x 3 Plan"
POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE AROUND THE WORLD

Relevant Websites About Genetic Engineering:
(Easily accessible with Netscape mail programs)

http://www.greenpeace.org/~comms/cbio/geneng.html
http://www.lisco.com/mothersfornaturallaw
http://www.lisco.com/mothers
http://www.mum.edu/Fagan.html
http://www.mum.edu/PRESS/genetics/ethical_stand.html
http://www.greenpeace.org/~usa/reports/biodiversity/roundup
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1527/
http://www.envirolink.org/orgs/shag/
http://www.mum.edu/PRESS/genetics/Fagan.html
http://www.natuurwetpartij.nl/genmanipkampanje
http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~rone/Genetic%20Engineering.htm
http://www.bio-integrity.org
http://www.natural-law.org/issues/genetics/ge_hazards.html
http://www.essential.org/crg/
http://www.peg.apc.org/~acfgenet/
http://www.indians.org/welker/genome.htm
http://www.demon.co.uk/solbaram/articles/clm505.html
http://www.hrc.wmin.ac.uk/campaigns/ef/earthfirst.html
http://www.netlink.de/gen/
http://www.netlink.de/gen/home.html
http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-18472/indexeng.htm

MAILING LISTS

To keep up-to-date on GE food, we
highly recommend the Ban-GEF e-mail list
or list digest.

To join contact

Judy_Kew@greenbuilder.com

with "Join Ban-GEF"
or "Join Ban-GEF digest"
in the subject line.

Another list is the "Reclaim The Streets" (RTS) list
(a UK-based Consumer Organization)

To subscribe send an e-mail
with 'Subscribe Genetics' in the subject box to
rts@gn.apc.org

http:///www.envirolink.org/orgs/shag/genetix.html

Reclaim the Streets
PO BOX 9656
London
N4 4JY

http://www.hrc.wmin.ac.uk/campaigns/rts.html

ORGANIZATIONS WORKING TO STOP GENETICALLY ENGINEERED FOOD

Greenpeace
1436 U Street N.W.,
Washington, D.C. 20009
U.S.A.

Telephone in U.S.  (800) 381-4712

Tell them you want to join the crusade against
genetically engineered foods.

http://www.greenpeace.org/~usa/
______

The Pure Food Campaign
1660 L St. N.W. #216
Washington, D.C. 20036

         or
The Pure Food Campaign
860 Hwy 61
Little Marais, Minnesota 55614

Telephones: (202) 775-1132, (218) 226-4164, or (218) 226-4155
Fax: (218) 226-4157
Toll Free: (800) 253-0681
e-mail: purefood@aol.com

WHAT IS THE PURE FOOD CAMPAIGN?

The Pure Food Campaign (PFC) is a non-profit, public interest
organization dedicated to building a healthy, safe, and sustainable
system of food production and consumption in the US and the world.
The PFC's primary strategy is to help build a national and international
consumer/farmer/labor/progressive retailer boycott of genetically
engineered and chemically contaminated foods and crops. The PFC is
sponsored by the Washington, D.C. based Foundation on Economic Trends,
whose President is the author and technology critic, Jeremy Rifkin.
The Pure Food Campaign serves as a global clearinghouse for
information and grassroots technical assistance to citizen activists
and non-governmental organizations concerned about agriculture,
food safety, life form patenting, and genetic engineering. The
PFC also provides interviews and background material for journalists
and news organizations worldwide. The Campaign utilizes a variety of
tactics including targetted boycotts, grassroots lobbying, litigation,
progressive media and public relations, activist networking, and
direct action protests and media events.
The PFC National Director is Ronnie Cummins.

Website:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1527/

______
Mothers for Natural Law
P.O. Box 1177
Fairfield, Iowa  52556
U.S.A.

Telephone in U.S.  (515) 472-2809
Fax       in U.S.  (515) 472-2683

They have a valuable "Safety First" Information pack --
They need $3.00 U.S. for shipping and handling.
Make checks payable to "Mothers For Natural Law."

HOW TO ORDER NEW COPIES OF THIS THREE-PART SERIES

This three-part series and its action plan
were carefully crafted and designed to
inform people all over the world about the travesty of GE food.

Your friends, relatives and associates can receive their
own original copies of the complete three-part series and/or
any missing sections by sending an e-mail with
the subject heading "Avoiding Dangerous Foods" to
their leader, who should be listed below and at the very
end of each section of the three-part series.

IMPORTANT: Your Leader's e-mail address:
pmligotti@earthlink.net

Global Action Plan: Section 3 of 3
AVOIDING DANGEROUS FOODS

***