Food Bacteria/Virus Warning and Action: Section 2 of 3

Genetically Engineered Food--Bacteria/Virus Warning
Global Action Plan: Section 2 of 3
AVOIDING DANGEROUS FOODS

ELIMINATING FRANKENFOODS: WHAT CAN I DO?
1. Learn all you can about the dangers of genetically engineered foods.
2. Learn how to shop to avoid these foods. Boycott companies using
   these foods.
3. Tell all of your friends, family, and loved ones about this problem,
   both on-line and off-line. Your job is not done until they change
   their eating habits and they teach their loved ones to do the same.
4. Start or join consumer groups to label and ban genetically
   engineered foods.
5. Send letters to your political leaders and representatives.
6. Write and send letters to the organic food companies,
   distributors, media, writers, editors, networkers.
7. Forward this communication to influential people all over the world.
8. Take a leadership role. Contact the sources at the end of part
   three of this communication.
9. Request parts one and three of this three-part communication from your
   Leader, who should be listed at the end of this section.

HOW TO SHOP TO AVOID GENETICALLY ENGINEERED FOODS:
FOODS TO AVOID OR BOYCOTT:
SPECIFIC BRAND NAME PRODUCTS TO BOYCOTT:
THESE COMPANIES USE GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INGREDIENTS IN
SOME OR ALL OF THEIR PRODUCTS:
Coca Cola (corn syrup and/or Aspartame), Fritos (corn),
Green Giant Harvest Burgers (soy), McDonald's French
Fries (potatoes), Nestle's chocolates (soy), Karo Corn
Syrup (corn), NutraSweet (Aspartame), Kraft Salad Dressings
(canola oil), Fleishmann's margarine (soy), Similac
Infant Formula (soy), Land o Lakes butter (rBGH),
Cabot Creamery Butter (rBGH).

AVOID ALL OTHER CONVENTIONAL (NOT CERTIFIED-ORGANIC) TOMATOES,
POTATOES, CORN, SOY, CANOLA OIL, COTTON SEED OIL, AND
YELLOW CROOK-NECK SQUASH:
TOMATOES: Genetically engineered with bacteria-derived
kanamycin resistance genes, Antisense backwards DNA,
antibiotic marker genes, viruses, and DNA of flounder
and North Atlantic shellfish. This and the following
genetically engineered foods have antibiotic marker genes
used to facilitate the genetic engineering process.
They can cause allergies and autoimmune disease.

POTATOES: Genetically engineered with wax moth insect
DNA; genetically engineered to produce its own pesticide
internally with the DNA of bacillus thuringiensis bacteria.

CORN: Genetically engineered to tolerate high quantities
of the chemical pesticide glufosinate, and genetically
engineered with a virus and the DNA of the bacteria
bacillus thuringiensis.

SOY: Genetically engineered and DNA-altered by Monsanto
with bacteria; capable of tolerating heavy doses of
Monsanto's Roundup brand chemical pesticide (glyphosate).

YELLOW CROOK NECK SQUASH: Gene-spliced with two experimental
viruses and arbitrary marker genes, capable of causing
unpredictable and unexpected effects.

CANOLA OIL: Genetically engineered and DNA-altered with
California bay turnip and various viruses and bacterium
in order to produce high quantities of lauric acid.

PAPAYA: Genetically engineered with bacteria and/or viruses.

RADICCHIO: Genetically engineered with bacteria and/or viruses.

COTTON SEED OIL: Genetically engineered and DNA-altered
with Arabidopsis bacterium, and viruses to be able to
withstand large applications of the chemical pesticide bromoxynil.
Bromoxynil causes birth defects in human beings.

AVOID ALL PRODUCTS DERIVED FROM THE ABOVE
NON-ORGANIC ITEMS
As of the beginning of 1997, these products will have been
genetically engineered and on the market as a percentage
of the total conventional food supply.  Since they are sold
unlabeled in the conventional market, there is no way to tell
specifically which tomatoes, potatoes, corn, soy, etc. have been
actually genetically engineered. If you live in a nation
which may receive imports from the U.S. and Canada, you
should also avoid these non-organic foods as a safety precaution.
Your own nation or another exporting to yours may be doing
genetic engineering. Eat only organic food if possible.
Even if you buy seeds to grow your own food, buy only organic seeds.

AVOID EATING IN NON-ORGANIC RESTAURANTS
Unless the restaurant management makes it clear in writing
that they are committed to using only non-genetically
engineered foods and products, avoid eating out as much as
possible. Since genetically engineered foods are not labeled,
they also have no idea which of their tomato, potato, corn,
soy, canola, yellow-crook-neck squash products
may be genetically engineered.

READ LABELS CAREFULLY: BE CAREFUL WITH ALL PROCESSED FOODS
WATCH OUT FOR CONVENTIONAL, NON-ORGANIC CORN
AND SOY, BECAUSE THEY ARE IN SO MANY PRODUCTS:
Avoid corn syrup, fructose, and fructose corn syrup in almost all
beverages and sodas (even health food brands), and in almost all
sweet products, yogurt, and aspirin. Avoid corn oil, corn starch,
corn meal, baking soda, baking powder, glycose syrup; Avoid soy;
soy flour in baked goods; pizza, cookies, cakes, pasta; fillers in
meat products, (for example Big Macs) vegetarian meat substitutes,
(for example tofu, tofu burgers, tofu hot dogs) soy milk, infant formula,
baby foods; diet and protein shakes, protein bars; chocolate and
candy bars; margarine; ice cream; pet food; soy oil in salad dressings
& snack chips; soy sauce; lecithin and soy lecithin. In all, well
over 30,000 products!

AVOID rBGH MILK & DAIRY PRODUCTS (apologies to strict vegans):
Monsanto's genetically engineered bovine growth
hormone (rBGH), marketed through veterinarians and injected
into dairy cows, causes increased milk production and horrible
mastitis. These cows then require constant medical supervision
and continuous high doses of antibiotics. Their milk contains
high levels of pus. The cow's milk and dairy products made
from this milk also contain rBGH, bovine growth hormone.
This hormone increases cancer risk in human beings.

AVOID ASPARTAME:
This is known as the artificial sweetener
Equal or NutraSweet and is made up of three chemicals
and a genetically engineered enzyme. It has been implicated
in many diseases. It breaks down into formeldahyde in the
body.

EAT ONLY ORGANIC RENNETLESS CHEESE (apologies to strict vegans):
Most non-organic cheeses are made with a genetically engineered
rennet called chymosin.

AVOID DOUGH CONDITIONER:
This is a code word for a combination of genetically
engineered enzymes and other components, found in cheaper
breads and baked goods.

OTHER GENETICALLY ENGINEERED ADDITIVES AND ENZYMES
Avoid Amylase (used in making bread, flour, whole wheat flour,
cereals, starch), Catalase (used in making soft drinks,
egg whites, liquid whey) and Lactase.

FOODS TO FAVOR:
BUY AND EAT ONLY CERTIFIED ORGANIC FOODS:
Certified organic tomatoes, potatoes, corn, soy, canola oil,
cotton oil, and yellow-crook-neck squash are safe. Many other
genetically engineered products will be coming to market in
1997 and 1998 if the bio-tech industry has its way. By buying only
organic foods of every type, you will protect yourself and
your family from Frankenfoods. Almost everything that can be
found in your conventional food
market is also produced by the organic food industry. If you
buy a few carefully chosen conventional foods, keep up-to-date
on which few conventional foods are safe through the websites and
mailing lists at the end of this consumer report.

MEAT AND POULTRY (apologies to vegetarians)
Most livestock are being fed genetically altered feed, as well as
a disgusting mix of ground-up and often diseased and discarded animal
carcasses. The only safe beef and poultry will be those fed only
organically grown grain. Avoid commercially produced seafood.
Commercial pork has been genetically altered with DNA from
human beings. Great time to decide to be vegetarian.

FAVOR DAIRY PRODUCTS FROM COMPANIES THAT DO NOT USE
(rBGH) BOVINE GROWTH HORMONE (apologies to strict vegans)
Research and buy only from suppliers that promise on the
package or in other writing that their products are rBGH-free.
Be especially careful with butter. Buy only organic butter,
because even otherwise good companies buy cheap rBGH milk
to make butter, or else they buy their butter (rBGH) from
other companies.

DR. FRANKENFOOD WANTS TO DESTROY ORGANIC FOOD
If Dr. Frankenfood was in charge, he would create biological warfare
crops that would destroy organic foods, destroy the competition. Just
as the evil genius would have hoped, the USDA has allowed genetically
altered foods into the conventional market which threaten organic farmers.
Scientists of virtually every persuasion realize that Bt soy, corn and
potatoes predictably will create Bt resistant insects. Organic farmers
use Bt as their main line of defense against insects. Bt resistant
insects could wipe out organic crops and organic farming. Destroying the
competition just makes good business sense, reasons Dr. Frankenfood.

CONSIDER STOCKING UP ON SAFE FOODS
Frank Ford, in his book, "The Coming Food Crisis," says that
events are pointing to a food crisis of unbelievable proportions.
With genetic engineering of the food supply, only a relatively
small part of the total food supply can be known to be safe.
Since 95% of the food supply contains conventional corn or soy,
the rules of supply and demand show that there could possibly be
a shortage of safe food over the next several years. You may consider
taking advice from Frank Ford's book. He advises stocking up on
organic or safe conventional dry foods that are low in oil
content--wheat, beans, lentils, grains, dried fruits. If possible,
stock enough for yourself, your family, and if possible your friends
to live comfortably for two or three years. Create local food
co-ops so you can pool resources and make large bulk orders,
saving everyone money.

(NOTE: everyone who eats food needs to know about this!!)

I have some critically important information about the food supply
that all consumers need to know about.

(Exactly what you say depends on your relationship to the
receiver--use your own words and if
possible make it personal)

Your name and
Your e-mail address

THIS TYPE OF SIMPLE NOTE WILL HELP TO "BREAK THE ICE" AND
HELP MAKE THE "3 x 3 Plan"
POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE AROUND THE WORLD

HOW TO ORDER NEW COPIES OF THIS THREE-PART SERIES

This three-part series and its action plan
were carefully crafted and designed to
inform people all over the world about the travesty of GE food.

Your friends, relatives and associates can receive their
own original copies of the complete three-part series and/or
any missing sections by sending an e-mail with
the subject heading "Avoiding Dangerous Foods" to
their leader, who should be listed below and at the very
end of each section of the three-part series.

IMPORTANT: Your Leader's e-mail address:
pmligotti@earthlink.net

Global Action Plan: Section 2 of 3
AVOIDING DANGEROUS FOODS

***