PS: Mammoths, archive 627
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: PS: Mammoths, archive 627
- From: Rick Roush <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:20:46 +0930
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"tCSlqC.A.SsF.th8o2"@bakunix.free.de>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let's say for the moment that someone could recreate a mammoth. Do people
see this as acceptable?
In contrast to dinosaurs, some scientists think that there is strong
evidence that early humans contributed significantly to extinctions of
large mammals over the last 20,000-40,000 years through hunting and fires.
Do we have an obligation to resurrect these species where we can?
I have no opinion on this at present.