GENTECH archive

Re: transgenic wheat (Agnès Ricroch) wrote:

> We would like to know if transgenic wheat varieties are available around the
> world (with a transgene controling starch quality).

Searching for "transgenic wheat" in the genetech archive
( i found that Novartis and Monsanto developed
transgenic wheat varietes. Novartis was the first company with a patent for
transgenic wheat. The mentioned genetically traits inserted are
fungal and heribicide resistance. Probably there are more but starch quality
seems still to complicated to influence.