Free Translation Service at Altavista (re: language on gentech)

Hi everyone,

Did you know that you can get a pretty decent translation from Altavista
http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/translate?
For instance, you paste your text in French and few seconds later you get
it in English.
It's not perfect. Far from it!
But I've found that this free, translation service is good enough in most
emergency situation and can be a great tool for easing the workload on
activists all over.

Wishing you abundant success,

Joe Toth

>Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 18:06:55 +0100
>From: Werner Reisberger <wreis@datacomm.ch>
>To: gentech@gen.free.de
>Cc: lemeur@multimania.com, erlefol@duke.usask.ca, natali@cite-sciences.fr,
>        Noisette@fph.fr, lerouelo@media9.dauphine.fr,
>        iogm@diala.greenpeace.org, gruiz@multimania.com,
>        Vincent.Joly@transport.alstom.com, victoria.selwyn@wanadoo.fr,
>        marc.sourimant@fr.airsysatm.thomson-csf.com, Pasq.Rcz@wanadoo.fr
>Subject: language on gentech
>
>Dear subscribers,
>
>please note that the language on gentech is english, neither french, german
>or any other language. If people are continuing to post in other languages
>although i asked them by private email to cease i will remove them from
>the list. If you want to avoid this and think it's necessary to post in other
>languages you have to provide a full english translation of your messages.
>
>Werner Reisbertger (list maintainer)
>--
>Werner Reisberger         public-key available:          voice: +41 1 3228069
>Kreuzwiesen 12          pgp-public-keys@keys.pgp.net
>CH-8051 Zurich      with "get 0xED527449" in the subject

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Please sign the Consumer Right to Know Petition :
Just send the following message to  ge-mail@lofthouse.com
"Add my name to the Consumer Right to Know Petition for the
mandatory labeling of genetically engineered foods."
Make sure to include your name and address in USA
(which will only be used for this petition).
For more info, hard copies of the petition and for friends
without email to sign, call toll-free: 1 877 REAL FOOD
(1 877 732 5366) or visit the Mothers for Natural Law web site:
http://www.safe-food.org/-campaign/petition.html