Fw: cloning the dead

-----Original Message-----
From: CAM <leomoran@amauta.rcp.net.pe>
To: Clive Elwell <jevans@thenet.co.nz>
Date: Saturday, 9 January 1999 16:19
Subject: Re: cloning the dead

In theory, yes
as it is said in your enclosure:

"a team from the city's Mahidol University wants to use genetic material from a white elephant owned by the 19th century monarch King Rama III."

In practice they will need to introduce the whole ADN genotype as it is in a regular embrionary cell or similar (fast grow tissues) into a ovocell and hope that the inserted nucleus work, something similar to the cloned ewe.

By the way we will need to redefine our concept of life, not because it will be totally new but because we have introduce new parameters to reinitiate life. Not only because of cloning, but because the medicine and pharmacology advances that has extended life further than the genotype of any individual will permit in certain circumstances. i.e. to quote a simple and common case-example:
"mothers that cant bear a child by a natural child-birth must necessary died, because since Octavious "Roman Caesar Emperor" times cesarean operation exist, and no body will admit to left a mother to be, died from child-birth because it is against some defected or malfunctioning genes that are not working at that moment in that women".
I will include a recently e-message excerpt
"Extracting DNA Samples From the Dead Has Some Resting Uneasy."
USA Today, 1 December 98, 6D.
An increasing number of funeral homes and cemeteries are
collecting DNA samples from the dead to preserve a genetic
record that could provide medical information to the families
of the dead. Some critics of the practice question whether
taking DNA from people without getting their consent before
they die is legal or ethical.

Well, there is enough material for life discussion

Cesar