tryptophan: The Mayo study does not prove that GE was not the ca

I am still confused about the issue below, and I hope someone on this
list can help out. I've used the L-tryptophan argument myself, and
government scientists in the Philippines keep replying that later
studies found that the toxin was due to some non-GE contaminant,
citing other studies.

So far, this case seems to be the only case where actual deaths have
occurred from GE. (If there are others, I would be very interested in
knowing about them.) I would also appreciate an explanation in simple
terms whether the L-tryptophan case remains a strong argument against
GE and why.

Roberto Verzola