Re: B-GE: Halt to Dutch GE potatoes

Steef van Duin send me a message on the AVEBE potato.
I am afraid I have to correct the message I send. Apparently AVEBE is not going to stop but putting the development on hold. As soon as the EU becomes
more GE friendly they will pick up again. AVEBE now has a permit for 40 hectares fieldtrials. The investment in fieldtrials has been 4 million US$ for
the past eight years.
The cooperative keeps faith in GE. Too bad. Sorry for the wrong message earlier.
wytze with thanks to Steef.