Re: QUestion : GMO and Biodiversity, archive 2349

>In maize BT for instance, is the Gene inserted in many different
>varieties or only in a single one owned by novartis ?

Many different varieties with different seed companies, with genes owned by
Monsanto and Novartis, with some genes owned by at least one other company
(AgrEvo) at or nearing commercial introduction.

The patent status is very complicated. I haven't followed the latest court
decisions, but at least Mycogen/Dow, Norvartis and Monsanto all have a
range of patents onb various parts of the process.