Re: GM crops and mycotoxins
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: GM crops and mycotoxins
- From: Robert <Robert@tiamat.sonnet.co.uk>
- Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 14:52:50 +0000
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
- In-Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-From: email@example.com
Rick Roush wrote:
>Given the recent debate on this server about GM crops in developing
>countries, I thought the following was especially interesting, particularly
>the points about GM crops diminishing mycotoxin food contamination and the
>links of mycotoxin to esophageal cancer in many parts of South Africa,
>followed by a report on the reduction of mycotoxins in Bt corn.
The article said that GM crops "MAY also reduce post-harvest fungal
Are there published, peer reviewed papers that prove there IS a reduction
or is this just speculation ?