From: CAM <leomoran@amauta.rcp.net.pe>
To: Clive Elwell <jevans@thenet.co.nz>
Date: Sunday, 6 December 1998 05:43
Subject: Re: unexpected effects from GE

I wonder about the DNA set of any organism, that took thousand of years to get to a "perfect" and competitive equilibrium to survive; Then we humans distort it by breeding methods to induce it to a "Better" type to get economic benefits from some of hid parts, Now, we want more and disrupt the "normal set of genes" with any foreign gene. Afterwards we expect that it must continued being "NORMAL" for our commercial purposes. We forgot of gene interaction, of pleiotropic gene effects, and said that it doesn't occurs, that everything continues being "normal".

That's crazy

In only 5 to 10 or at least 20 years we made a "economic and lucrative perfect gene set"

How NORMAL It sounds?