proportions of GE crops
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Adrian Valls" <email@example.com>
- Subject: proportions of GE crops
- From: "Maurizio Ventura" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 23:48:37 +0100
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
- Content-Type: text/plain;charset="iso-8859-1"
- Reply-To: "Maurizio Ventura" <email@example.com>
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"Z5hxxD.A.gpF.oO6Y2"@bakunix.free.de>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
I received two indications from the plant-tc mailing list:
"As a rough figure you may assume that about 30-40 million ha of transgenic
crops are planted - mainly in the US (Argentine is an exception as a DC they
have planted about 4 million ha"
"During 1997, globally 31. 5 million acres of transgenic crops were grown"